Houston Downtown park Closures
More than 1 million people are expected to attend at least one of the numerous events planned for the week leading up to Super Bowl LI in Houston on Feb. 5, according to the Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau.
To prepare for this influx of visitors, the Houston Super Bowl Host Committee has provided the following information to help residents and visitors alike avoid the brunt of traffic congestion.
Planned road closures
Road closures between Jan. 26-Feb. 6:
- Polk Street between Austin and LaBranch streets
- Dallas Street between Austin and LaBranch streets
- LaBranch Street between Walker and Bell streets
Near Discovery Green
- Avenidas De Las Americas
- McKinney Street
- Lamar Street
Road closures Feb. 4:
- Prairie Street between Louisiana and Bagby streets from 2-11 p.m.
- Smith Street between Preston and Texas streets from 3-6 p.m.
- Texas Street between Bagby and Smith streets from 8-10 p.m.
Recommended routes into downtown Houston:
- From the west: I-10 east to Smith Street
- From the east: I-10 west to Fannin Street or I-45 North to Scott Street/St. Joseph’s Parkway
- From the south: Hwy. 59 north to West Gray Street or Hwy. 59 spur to Louisiana Street
- From the north: Hwy. 59 south to Jackson Street
Alternate transportation options
- Taxicabs: Various taxicab stands can be found across downtown Houston, or they can be hailed through the city of Houston’s new ride-hailing app, AARO.
- Uber: Houston has partnered with Uber to have designated pickup and drop-off zones around the Super Bowl event locations to make the wait time and surge charging minimal. www.uber.com
- Houston B-Cycle: This bike-sharing program offers guests the opportunity to ride bicycles throughout the week from various pickup and drop-off locations. www.houston.bcycle.com
- BikeHouston Bike Valet: Guests who have their own bike can ride to any of the Super Bowl LIVE events in the week leading up to the big game. The bike valet will be located on Rusk Street between Crawford Street and Avenida De Las Americas. www.bikehouston.org
- Pedicabs: Local pedicabs will be available around certain locations on the north and south side of Discovery Green and will travel anywhere in the Central Business District.
Public transportation options
METRO will offer extended hours and additional trains and buses during the nine days leading up to Super Bowl LI.
Extended rail hours:
Jan. 28: 4 a.m.-midnight
Jan. 29: 4 a.m.-11 p.m.
Jan. 30: 4 a.m.-midnight
Jan. 31: 4 a.m.-midnight
Feb. 1: 4 a.m.-midnight
Feb. 2: 4 a.m.-1 a.m.
Feb. 3: 4 a.m.-1 a.m.
Feb. 4: 4 a.m.-1 a.m.
Feb. 5: 4 a.m.-midnight
Rail: $1.25 one way
Bus: $1.25 one way
All day fare bus/rail: $3
Special event circulators
Several free event circulators will operate in downtown, Midtown and the Galleria area in the week leading up to the Super Bowl. Guests will be able to ride these circulators to and from the aforementioned areas in the two hours before and after Super Bowl LIVE events.
• The green, orange and silver links and will run between Jan. 28-Feb. 5 in downtown, along with the Midtown circulator, while the Galleria circulator will run from Feb. 1-5.
If you do plan to drive downtown, the host committee has offered the following advice:
- Guests are encouraged to park on the west side of downtown and use the special event circulators to get to their destination.
- Plan ahead on the lot or garage in which you want to park.
- There will be 62,000-plus spots for Super Bowl-related events available.
- A prepaid parking app is available through the host committee app and website, or visitors can find a parking meter when they arrive in downtown.
For more information related to traffic conditions during the days leading up to the Super Bowl, visit www.housuperbowl.com/transportation.
If you’d still like to get tickets for the big game, find out how here.
Houston Commercial Properties Houston Commercial Real Estate Houston Condominiums Houston Foreclosed Homes Houston Golf Courses Houston Highrises Houston Home Builders Houston Home Prices Houston Home Rentals Houston Home Value Houston Homes Houston Homes For Rent Houston Homes For Sale Houston House Houston House Value Houston Houses Houston Housing Houston Lands Houston Listings Houston Lofts Houston Master Planned Communities Houston Mls Houston Multifamily Homes Houston Neighborhoods Houston New Homes Houston Properties Houston Property Houston Real Estate Houston Real Estate Agents Houston Real Estate Associates Houston Real Estate Brokers Houston Real Estate Companies Houston Real Estate Firms Houston Real Estate Information Houston Real Estate Listings Houston Real Estate Market Houston Real Estate Schools Houston Real Estate Service Providers Houston Real Estate Solds Houston real estate values Houston Realestate Houston Realtors Houston Relocation Houston Schools Houston Single Family Homes Houston Sold Home Prices Houston Sold Homes Houston Subdivisions Houston Town Homes Pearland Commercial Properties Pearland Commercial Real Estate Pearland Condominiums Pearland Foreclosed Homes Pearland Golf Courses Pearland Highrises Pearland Home Builders Pearland Home Prices Pearland Home Rentals Pearland Home Value Pearland Homes Pearland Homes For Rent Pearland Homes For Sale Pearland House Pearland House Value Pearland Houses Pearland Housing Pearland Lands Pearland Listings Pearland Lofts Pearland Master Planned Communities Pearland Mls Pearland Multifamily Homes Pearland Neighborhoods Pearland New Homes Pearland Properties Pearland Property Pearland Real Estate Pearland Real Estate Agents Pearland Real Estate Associates Pearland Real Estate Brokers Pearland Real Estate Companies Pearland Real Estate Firms Pearland Real Estate Information Pearland Real Estate Listings Pearland Real Estate Market Pearland Real Estate Schools Pearland Real Estate Service Providers Pearland Real Estate Solds Pearland real estate values Pearland Realestate Pearland Realtors Pearland Relocation Pearland Schools Pearland Single Family Homes Pearland Sold Home Prices Pearland Sold Homes Pearland Subdivisions Pearland Town Homes